Cville Local Producers Tour
Charlottesville Farm and Cidery Tour | Local Cheese and Fruit
Join us on a tour that leads straight to the source of the exploding local food movement. Discover the beauty of one of Charlottesville's oldest working farms and learn what it means to farm on a model of Community Sustainable Agriculture. The hour long farm tour will include tastings by the farm crew, seasonal offerings to take home, and a glimpse into the bright future of the modern farmer in America. As an optional upgrade to your tour, your group can move on to a fantastic lunch at perhaps Cville's best pizzeria, featuring local ingredients and funky twists on the timeless classic.** After lunch your group will check out Virginia's first Certified Organic Winery for an in depth tour of the vineyards and winemaking facilities. Learn the unique struggle of making wine organically in an already challenging wine production region. Your last stop will be at a cidery that is leading a revival of the table beverage of our forefathers- dry cider! You will go on a tour of the cider production facility and orchard, followed by local cider, cheese, and fruit tastings, including ciders poured exclusively for your group. The patio is a fantastic place to have a glass and take stock of a great day before wandering back to town.
IncLuded in this Tour:
- Food and Wine Trail Guide who will serve as your "concierge on the go" for the entire tour
- Charlottesville area pick up and transportation in one of our modern luxury vehicles
- Tour and tasting at one of Charlottesville's Largest Organic CSA farms*
- Optional Upgrade: Lunch at a locally inspired pizzeria**
- Tour and tasting at Virginia's only certified organic winery
- Tour of a cidery, makers of true farm style cider
- Local hard cider, cheese and fruit tasting*
*These are seasonal, local producers! The tastings will vary based on what in season and available.
GOT QUESTIONS? GIVE US A CALL AT 434-531-5802 TO SPEAK TO A TOUR SPECIALIST TODAY!
**Upgrades such as lunch and dinner service, additional winery stops may be available, be sure to ask your booking agent!