Charlottesville Food Tour
Local Cville Foodie Tour
Charlottesville is without a doubt foodie heaven! Influenced heavily by the Slow Food and Local Food movements, there has been an explosion of fantastic restaurants and food purveyors that draw on the rich history of regional and international cuisine alike. Experience the rich sights, smells and tastes associated with slow roasted, true Virginia style BBQ. Learn about fine local and exotic cheeses with a nationally recognized cheesemonger. Check out small batch, hand crafted chocolate on an intimate tour of a chocolatier's kitchen. Experience the art of a local, organic bakery- this tour has a bit of everything! Your group will spend the morning gathering supplies at locations around town before heading to one of Charlottesville's top boutique wineries, where you will enjoy a tasting and the culminating picnic, showcasing the spoils of a day well spent!
An Example of What Might Be Included in your Seasonal Tour:
- Trained Food Trail Guide will serve as your "concierge on the go" for the entire tour
- Charlottesville area pick up with transportation in one of our modern luxury vehicles
- Start with a cheese and coffee pairing (delicious, trust us!) with one of the top cheesemonger's in the nation.
- Learn about the fascinating process of Chocolate making while you tour and taste at local chocolate shop.
- Enjoy samples at a Cville's premier purveyor of local flavors.
- Learn the finer points of a southern staple- BBQ! - at a local hidden gem.
- With your gathered friends and provisions, head to a local winery for a tasting before what is sure to be the most divine picnic this side of the Blue Ridge.
- Head back to town with plenty of time left to explore Cville, or add on time to head out to other wineries!
*The individual stops on your tour will vary depending on the date you are interested in touring on. Let us custom craft a great experience for your group today!